By Goher Iqbal Punn, Film Critic & Entertainment Analyst, Showbiz Bites
How to become a fashion model is what every aspiring model keeps dipping his or her nose into get the details and learn in depth about it. It is very essential to learn the tips and techniques of becoming a successful fashion model. The requirements for slipping into this profession include good height, svelte body (if a female) or smart figure (if a male), pearl white teeth, good courteous behavior and marvelous ease for posing in front of the camera. These are the few essential traits required to enter into the field of modeling.
How to become a model – well, guys, don’t get too much involved into the matter. Just be relax, learn some tips and techniques and start walking on the pavement towards the entrance of the field. The ideal height for a model is 5 feet 9 inches. You have to have unblemished skin and a toned up body structure.
Let’s learn the basic tips for becoming a good fashion model.
- You have to first consider as to which industry suits you the best like high end, commercial or plus size. After you have zeroed in, you need now to study the criteria for that field.
- It is better to make a road map to your modeling aims. Now follow the guidelines required for the field very carefully. Make a diet plan to prepare your body as per the needs of the job.
- Collect the contacts of the field as much as you can by visiting the fashion shows meeting up the people out there and through attending the modeling open calls.
- A very vital point – you need to assess your strengths and weakness. Put a critic’s look at your traits like your manners, walking style, nature, appearance, smile, posing ease in front of the camera and posture. The weaknesses, you listed, need to be overcome – just imagine how you would do so. Modeling schools are not highly recommended, but you can go attending the courses
- You can also attend the modeling workshops and there you may build up your contacts of the fashion industry.
- You now need to make a portfolio, for this you need to have head shots. Hire some professional photographer for the job who will take your pictures in utter commercial and artistic ways.
- If you are not in the area where fashion industry exists, then pack up the bags and relocate to the fashion hubs since you will then get opportunities to showcase your talents.
Carefully apply the above mentioned tips and then you would not be in a need to learn how to become a fashion model since you are already equipped with the tips. Good luck.